Perform routine clerical, record keeping, accounting, and administrative work in payroll, accounts payable, and general administration in the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office. Will employ professional skills to collect, analyze and present financial data on a routine and/or periodic basis. Will aid in maintaining the fixed assets ledger and the federal and state grants ledgers. Will aid in the processing of bond payments and bond compliance. Will compose, type and edit minutes and a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy and completeness.
Employee will be responsible for preparing and verifying bi-weekly payrolls. Will maintain all Town employee wage data, sick/vacation time, and employee deductions. Will determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee’s federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments. Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. Will answer employee’s questions regarding payroll. Will prepare monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports. Will maintain employee confidences and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Associates Degree in business or related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is desired.
- Three year of increasingly responsible related experience, or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of payroll experience required preferably with Kronos timekeeping system.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing equipment; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; working knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish successful working relationships; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruption.
Must be bondable.
Link to apply - https://brownsburg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44