The Human Resources Generalist position supports Organizational Development with sourcing qualified candidates for commercial Warehouse Personnel positions. The Human Resources Generalist assists in the delivery of New Employee Orientation for LifeScience Logistics employees; and processes employment paperwork such as new hire paperwork, status changes, and separation forms, and coordinates employee benefits administration at their facility.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Conducts recruitment of exempt, non-exempt commercial Warehouse Personnel. Attend community and college career fairs and events.
- Understand background check and drug testing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate New Employee Orientation for all personnel including the coordination of new hire and benefits enrollment process (i.e., new hire paperwork, onboarding sessions, schedule informational meetings, collect paperwork, and track employee enrollment options).
- Facilitate annual benefits open enrollment process for specific site. Educate all personnel about Company policies (i.e., eligibility for and accrual of benefits such as paid time off, short- and long-term disability, and holiday pay).
- Support Corporate Human Resources Manager with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviews.
- Participate in operational and administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of facility in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improved efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Create and maintain personnel files for all Warehouse Personnel.
- Maintain state and federal employment postings in facility’s break room.
- Facilitate employee status change process for all personnel.
- Process employee separation forms for all personnel.
- Support Organization Development’s morale initiatives by facilitating employee social functions.
- Arrange monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations and create birthday/anniversary cards.
- Maintain and inform Corporate Human Resources Manager of all communication with federal and state agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Management, Organizational Leadership (preferred).
- Displays dedication to a high standard of performance
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of the following:
- Effective time management skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct appropriate research as needed
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Critical thinking
- Interested in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Navigate through Quality and Employee Management Systems with training – ADP, MQ1
- Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic to Intermediate public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to produce a range of reports and statistical information (track headcount, analysis of separations YTD)
- Experience of using a Human Resources IT System (HRIS) (onboarding, running reports)
- Understanding of people sourcing and best hiring/interviewing processes is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing web-based telecommunication software
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to successfully pass all preliminary employment requirements (i.e., background check and drug screen).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Work is light to medium in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks.
- Occasional lifting of 25 - 50 lbs. is required.
- Activities occur both inside and outside.
- Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Equipment: Desktop computer, fax machine, copier, desk phone, and cell phone
- Systems: Outlook, Excel, and Word
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please e-mail resume to: email@example.com