Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a multifaceted regional CPA firm with 26 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Staff Accountant position in our Avon, Indiana office.
We believe staff development is essential at all levels and embrace a learning environment here at Kemper CPA Group. Staff Accountants rotate between a variety of general accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and audit assignments. The appropriate candidate should possess a basic understanding of accounting concepts and hope to make a career in public accounting. All activities of the Staff Accountant are closely monitored and supervised to ensure success.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations and depreciation schedule updates.
- Complete simple tax returns in an efficient and effective manner within the time constraints given.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies, and assist in preparing final report.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting with a preference of at least 150 credit hours and eligible to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Pay and Benefits
Our employees play an integral role in our success as a firm. We value the long-term relationships we have developed with our clients as a result of our ability to retain our brightest professionals and believe in rewarding our employees with a competitive base compensation that is commensurate with the position and candidate’s experience. Additional compensation includes bonus pay and new business incentives. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Long- and short-term disability leave
- Paid sick leave
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan and profit-sharing contributions
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
- Paid CPA Exam study time, Becker CPA Review course, and Exam reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Access to investment advice
How to Apply
On Kemper CPA Group's Website!